Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dreams of Motherhood

Dreams of motherhood
- By Tara 101
(27th May 2007)
Whispers in my ears,
this little child,
Would you be my mom?
He asks me all the time,
He comes to me like a gentle breeze,
Then he leaves me to go spaces far and wide.
When he plays with me,
my day goes really bright,
He kisses me on my cheeks
and says “Good night”.
Then he touches my face
with his gentle hands,
And then, talk about a star
in some far away land.
His face is pure,
his voice is sweet,
He does run on the grass
with his bare feet.
There are dimples on his cheeks,
and freckles on his face,
He says “I am a big boy”,
but he cannot tie his shoe lace.
I know he is here
very near to me,
But why do I always have to close my eyes for us to meet?
That’s a dream for sure that vanishes in the light,
Dreams of Motherhood, that someday I might?