Saturday, September 5, 2009

The wait

THE WAIT
-Tara 101

My eyes are wet,
my heart is sore,
Dreams are great,
but I refuse to wait anymore.

The singing, the dancing,
the jumping around,
These are the things I want,
but can't hear a sound.

Bear hugs and kisses
and little steps,
The longer I wait,
the harder it gets.

We will have fun,
when we laugh and play,
Which day will that be,
it is hard to say.

Every passing mintue of the day I fear,
I hope you are not in any pain,
Oh! my dear.

I feel helpless to say but the least,
Wishing that they treat you right,
while they shamelessly feast.

Every night there may be tears,
which are shed by your eyes.
While you gaze at the stars,
in the dark skies.

Screams that you hear,
lies that are told.
All you might have now,
is a blanket to hold.

"Can someone truly love me?"
Will always be in your thoughts.
I promise that we will meet soon,
and I will love you lots.