Saturday, September 5, 2009

when the heart cries

sometimes I was scared,
sometimes I was alone,
sometimes I dared,
sometimes I did not want it any more.

some saw me as a child,
some saw me as a meat,
some saw me as wild,
some saw me in heat.

some were scary as a vulcher,
some were hungry as a pig,
some were just cousins,
some were unknown and big.

Sometimes I called my mother,
sometimes I told my brother,
Sometimes to my sis in law,
who ended up calling me a looser.

time and time again,
I was put down,
I was blamed for,
Even if I got winked by a clown.

seconds grew into hours,
hours into days,
Then in a blink,
years were swept away.

No one to protect me,
No one to hold,
No one for a warm hug,
Oh!! it spoils you, so I was told.

This guy I met who was the boss,
Little did I know he was going to give my life a little toss.
Vulcher he was in a clothing of a dove,
he ripped my clothes of in the name of love.

Feeding and Feastingon a piece of meat that was me,
making marks on my body,
like he was the boss of me.

My life was like a horror movie,
the more you saw it, the harder to leave.
scary and tramatized with my whole life,
why didnt an adult take the lead and let me thrive.

It took me a while to know what was going on,
as all they told me forget it it is done and gone,

I wanted to cry,
I wanted to feel the pain,
I was hoping all the time that
I was not a part of this game.

I got married to this beautiful man,
who loved me for me, and for who I am.
Its been 10years since I have been safe,
I hope you all can find your anchor and have freedom from the ape.

Tara 101

1st July 2009